Pink Fire Pointer Review: Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting

Review: Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting


Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars


Short Version
: Dead Silence will not disappoint fans of the Body Finder series. If you are new to the series, Violet has the gift to find the bodies of those who have been murdered. Each body carries a unique echo that calls to her and the killer has a matching imprint that only Violet can see/hear/smell. Violet has a hard time controlling it so she is always pulled into danger because she's compelled to follow the echo or imprint. The Body Finder books are told from Violet's point of view and the killer's. Kimberly's writing is impeccable and by far one of my favorite authors in YA. Kimberly really brings the creepy factor when she tells the story from the killer's point of view! If you haven't read this series pick it up today!


Personal Note:
The Body Finder Series is really special to me. I remember reading The Body Finder and wanting everyone to read it! The Body Finder, Desires of the Dead, Last Echo, and Dead Silence were all five star books for me. I have interviewed Kimberly a number of times and I met her as a debut author in the first year I had my blog. I feel like I got to see her grow as an author at the same time that my blog grew up. I can't wait to see what Kimberly Derting comes up with next!

Warning if you haven't read The Last Echo do not read the long version because it contains spoilers, but don't worry I have no plans on telling you much about Dead Silence. I hate spoilers and wouldn't do that to my readers. You have been warned! If you haven't read The Body Finder, Desires of the Dead, or The Last Echo stop reading now!

Long Version:
After you read the prologue you are going to need to take a break. No I'm serious you are going to wonder what Kimberly has in store for you!

In The Last Echo Violet was forced to fight for her life and in Dead Silence she is now dealing with an echo of her own. The echo is this eerie music that can't ever be turned off. Her family is trying to be supportive, but Violet just wants everyone to stop. My heart breaks for her. In Dead Silence Violet learns more about her ability from a very unlikely source.

I was also really happy to see my boyfriend Jay get more time, because we hardly saw him in The Last Echo. Jay is supportive, but he is tired of who Violet has become since joining Rafe and his group. The only thing I was really hoping for was that Violet would punch Rafe and that never happened!

The killer is completely psycho and will creep you out. I have no idea how Kimberly comes up with the murder scenes, because they feel so vivid!

I don't think anyone will see the ending coming. I know I had questions, but I'll leave that up to each reader. If you do read it, tweet or email me so we can discuss!

To learn more about Kimberly Derting visit: http://kimberlyderting.com/