Pink Fire Pointer Audio Review: Shadow and Bone

Audio Review: Shadow and Bone

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo

Type: Audio book purchase

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars


Shadow and Bone is very different from what I normally read. With all the movie buzz surrounding it and Shadow and Bone hitting the New York Best Sellers list the same week it came out I knew I had to read it, but I'm still trying to find the time for all the books already on my shelf! When the Fierce Reads Tour came to town I picked up Shadow and Bone and it sat on my bookshelf for a while. I finally gave in and got the audio and finished Shadow and Bone in less than 24 hours. I couldn't put it down! I loved the details of the world, powers and clothes!

Alina is an orphan who isn't good at much, except being Mal's best friend. Mal is Alina's childhood friend and they've been inseparable their entire lives. Alina puts up with Mal going on and on about girls and adventures. One day Mal is in trouble and in her panic over his distres, Alina saves him. Only what they discover is that she does have a talent and it's one that could save everyone. Alina is sent to the castle to study and learn how to use her new powers. The entire time she was at the castle, I just kept hoping that she would be reunited with Mal.

Shadow and Bone is a story of friendship, finding yourself and fighting for what you believe in. The only plus to being so behind on my reading is that I don't have to wait long for Siege and Storm, the sequel to Shadow and Bone, which will be released June 4.

Audio: Lauren Fortgang, is the narrator, and does a great job. From the moment I started listening I was completely lost in the story. I hope that she will narrate Siege and Storm as well.