Pink Fire Pointer Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday

Mmmm Sundays.  My favorite day of the week to relax with coffee and a good book.  This Sunday was even better because I was joined by my parents' super fluffy kitten, Scooter!  I really haven't had a totally relaxing, stress-free day in the past 4 weeks so this was exactly what I needed.


I'm flying through Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin, based off of the review from The Book Lady's Blog. It's an extremely engaging yet dark and twisty story that takes place in Mississippi.  The disappearance of a local girl prompts the small town police to question Larry Ott, who was accused but never convicted of raping and murdering a girl who also disappeared 20 years ago.  The case causes the constable, who had befriened Ott as a child, to relive the troubled friendship and as the case unravels, so do secrets from their shared past.

I'm only 50 pages from the end and I have a feeling I'll be finishing it within the hour.  It's exactly the kind of southern gothic quick read I was looking for today.  Earlier in the week I asked twitter for their favorite quick but awesome reads. Tell me your favorite in the comments!